During September 2017, a meeting of Adderbury Parish Council was held on 12 September 2017. The contents of that meeting have already been reported separately.
Also during September, individual Councillors and the Clerk carried out a number of tasks and work on projects in the village, which included:
- developing the actions following the Hoey Ainscough Governance review;
- meeting with Proludic who are the contractors installing the new play equipment at The Rise and Lucy Plackett Playing Field;
- meeting contractors at the Lucy Plackett Playing Field to organise tree work necessary before play equipment could be installed;
- liaising with Cherwell District Council with regard to the release of Section 106 funds for the play equipment projects;
- the County Council advised that as part of the Better Broadband for Oxfordshire programme, Fibre to the Premise (FTTP) has been installed and is ready to take orders in Banbury Business Park. This means that 18 businesses will be able to request an upgrade to fibre-enabled broadband from a range of Internet Service Providers (ISPs);
- accepting an invitation from Cherwell District Council with regard to a ‘Peer Challenge’ Focus Group;
- liaison with a business at Banbury Business Park with regard to their request for a bus service and a footpath on Aynho Road. Unfortunately there were no funds available for these projects;
- liaising with the County Council with regard to road markings for dropped kerbs to prevent drivers from parking their vehicles in front of the dropped kerbs;
- reporting issues with public rights of way to the County Council;
- attendance at the Public Transport Representatives Meeting organised by the County Council;
- making arrangements for a traffic survey on Oxford/Banbury Road;
- dealing with issues of fly tipping in the layby on Banbury Road, on the entrance to Adderbury from Banbury where the recycling bins are located. If the fly tipping continues, these recycling bins will be removed;
- updating the Community Emergency Planning contact details with the County Council;
- making requests to estate agents not to locate their advertising boards in the grass verges because their signs should be within the boundary of the property to which the board refers. Boards which are not removed following a request, are disposed of by the Parish Council;
- making repairs to the door to the spring/well on Horn Hill Road after it was damaged during bad weather;
- dealing with issues which arose at the Walled Garden Allotments in Lake Walk;
- taking receipt of the annual rent from tenants at the Walled Garden Allotments;
- supporting the ‘Working For Adderbury Community’ (WFAC) Group and attendance at their inaugural meeting on 4 October 2017;
- assisting the Adderbury Neighbourhood Plan team;
- attendance at the monthly surgeries, usually held on the first Saturday of the month at Church House, from 11am to 12 noon;
- assisting residents with access to the Lucy Plackett Playing Field to enable their trees to be cut back;
- handling quotes from contractors for works to trees which are owned by Adderbury Parish Council;
- ordering speed awareness wheelie bin stickers. These are free to residents who live on the main roads in the village and have an issue with speeding. Residents can collect them from the Parish Council surgeries;
- dealing with correspondence from residents who are concerned about irresponsible dog owners who let their dogs foul on the footpaths and do not clean up after them;
- making comments on a number of planning applications and works to trees from Cherwell District Council and on occasion, South Northants Council;
- objecting to the proposal by Nicholas King to remove the play area from their site on Milton Road (this proposal has now been withdrawn);
- liaising with Cherwell District Council with regard to the proposal that the Parish Council takes over the responsibility for some of the community areas on the Adderbury Fields estate;
- assisting residents at Adderbury Fields with regard to matters relating to two proposed footpaths;
- submitting additional comments on Cherwell’s Local Plan Part 2 – Oxford’s Unmet Housing Need;
- ongoing discussions with Oxfordshire County Council about traffic matters on Twyford Road;
- ongoing discussions with South Northants Council both on their proposed Local Plan Part 2 and a presentation to their Planning Committee on the Twyford Road and Cherwell Valley Silos planning application S/2017/1787/MAF;
- liaison with Barwood Homes over issues relating to access for machinery from their entrance road into the Parish Council land adjacent to Adderbury Court amenity area;
- submission of a claim to recover the Parish Council’s costs relating to the two unsuccessful Judicial Reviews submitted to the Court by Nigel Davies, Lindale, Berry Hill Road;
- filing a complaint to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA) in respect of the behaviour of a Parishioner towards the Parish Council and in particular, the Clerk. The SRA would not be investigating the complaint but it would be kept on their files for future reference;
- liaison with the Parish Council’s Solicitor with regard to the threat of legal action relating to alleged defamation and alleged breaches of the data protection act following the refusal of the two applications for Judicial Reviews;
- accepting the kind offer from a resident of bulbs which will be planted by the children at Christopher Rawlins Primary School;
- helping to plan and contributing on the day, to the Lakes Public Open Day held on 16 September 2017. The Lakes Work Parties are held on the first Saturday of the month and all volunteers are welcome;
- liaison with the Primary School over the use of the Parish Council’s land adjacent to the Adderbury Court amenity land for their Forest Schools project, and organising a work party to clear some of this land;
- liaison with Adderbury House with regard to works to the Ice House; and
- dealing with a number of letters, emails, telephone calls and face to face conversations with residents on a variety of other issues affecting them and the village.
Please could residents pay special attention to cutting back hedges and trees now autumn is here, to ensure safe walking at night. With the darker evenings, it is important to keep footpaths and walkways clear of encroaching growth and ensure street lights are at their most effective.
To dog owners, please ensure that all dog faeces are cleared up and either taken home (and placed in household waste Green Bins) or placed in the dog bins provided. Take extra care on grassed areas where children play.
Faulty Street Lights – Please report on freephone 0800 317802 giving exact destination and pole number if possible.
Power Cuts – The new, free, three digit, 105 telephone number to call in the event of a power cut has now gone live.
Minutes & Reports – The minutes and reports relating to the Parish Council meetings and the meetings of the Committees, are available at www.adderburypc.co.uk
Meeting Dates – Parish Council meetings are usually held on the last Tuesday of the month at the Church House at 7.30pm. If you wish to attend, please check these details with the Clerk, prior to the meeting, in case there have been any changes. Information is also available on the PC web site.
Contact the Clerk to the Parish Council – Theresa Goss, on 01295 710965, during normal office hours or email email@example.com